Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
The Organization: Advanced Respiratory Care Network – Edmonton & Calgary area locations
Advanced Respiratory Care Network provides a range of expertise in respirology, sleep medicine, internal medicine, cardiology and allergy in Alberta. We are looking for full and part time Respiratory Therapists in our Edmonton and Calgary area locations.
Our areas of diagnostics and therapeutics include Pulmonary Function Testing, Level 1 and Level 3 sleep testing, CPAP and BiPAP therapy, respiratory home care and home oxygen therapy, 24 hour BP monitoring, 24- and 48-hour holter monitoring and allergy testing. The areas of Specialized Physician Consultation include Pulmonology, Cardiology, Sleep Medicine, Internal Medicine, ENT and Allergy.
Our Mission: To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient, cost-effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care with timely access.
We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth.
Are you a patient focused Respiratory Therapist with excellent clinical skills looking for a new role? Advanced Respiratory Care is presently recruiting both clinic based and respiratory home care Respiratory Therapists.
The Responsibilities Include:
- The Respiratory Therapist performs high quality diagnostic PFT and sleep testing and provides accurate information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Ability to attend patients’ homes for the provision of respiratory home care assessments and service delivery either during the normal work week or on an on-call basis.
- Reduces patient anxieties by explaining procedures; answering questions; aiding the patient, every patient encounter is an opportunity to educate.
- Uses proper patient preparation, equipment settings, and correct application techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, to prevent compromised data acquisition and to ensure appropriate therapeutic response.
- Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during assessments or therapeutic interventions to ensure that all appropriate data is accurately captured, responded to and communicated appropriately.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the work areas are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Works with an interdisciplinary team and other support staff to provide optimal patient care.
- Attends team meetings and updates
- Current Respiratory Therapy registration in good standing with CARTA, CSRT
- Clean driving record and criminal record check
- CPR in good standing
- Excellent multitasking and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible to respond to an ever-changing environment
Full-time or Part time hours: up to 40 per week
Salary: dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Free Parking
- Salary based position
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Monday to Friday
- On Call rotation for Respiratory Home Care
Please apply through the application portal below or submit your current resume and cover letter to apply for this position to email@example.com
Other Career Opportunities
We are also seeking Cardiovascular Stress Technicians, Cardiac Sonographers and other health professionals (including physicians, especially Cardiologists, Internists, Respirologists, and Allergists). Experience in CPAP therapy, level 1 and level 3 sleep diagnostics, pulmonary function testing or cardiopulmonary diagnostics is an asset, but will train to suit the right candidate.
Patient education is a strong focus in our practice and skills in this area are highly valued. These roles require critical thinking and excellent communication skill with good problem solving strategies. Strong candidates will have the ability to be detail oriented and highly independent in a multidisciplinary setting, while also understanding the value of team cooperation.
All resumes can be addressed to:
Barbara Lamoureux, Director of Operations
80 Sioux Road
Sherwood Park, AB, T8A 3X5